Location: Washington, DC
Big League Advance started as an investment fund that provides minor league baseball players with the resources they need to help make their dream a reality. Players receive capital – not loans – and a player keeps the funds whether or not he ever makes it to the Major Leagues. For players who make it to the Major Leagues, we share in their success.
Our team of analysts are currently exploring new opportunities within the world of sports betting where we can utilize our analytic capabilities to make an impact. We are developing predictive models across all major sports and are looking for talented Data Engineers to add to our analytics team in our Washington, DC offices. If you think you have what it takes to beat the betting markets, apply below.
- Architect and implement data pipelines
- Build a cloud-based workflow that makes it simple to deploy, update, and debug models
- Collaborate with data scientists to productionize models
- A passion for sports
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Statistics or related field
- Proficient in at least one general-purpose programming language
- Significant experience building and maintaining relational databases
- An understanding of statistics and ability to work with statisticians
- Experience working in a cloud-based ecosystem
- Sports analytics experience preferred, but not required