Location: Washington, DC
Big League Advance started as an investment fund that provides minor league baseball players with the resources they need to help make their dream a reality. Players receive capital – not loans – and a player keeps the funds whether or not he ever makes it to the Major Leagues. For players who make it to the Major Leagues, we share in their success.
Our team of analysts are currently exploring new opportunities within the world of sports betting where we can utilize our analytic capabilities to make an impact. We are developing predictive models across all major sports and are looking for talented Data Scientists (both full-time and interns) to add to our analytics team in our New York, NY and Washington, DC offices. If you think you have what it takes to beat the betting markets, apply below.
- Develop and deploy predictive models in one or more major sports
- Analyze various sports data sets to identify statistically significant patterns and extract predictive features
- Collaborate with a team of data scientists and engineers
- A passion for sports
- Pursuing a degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Computer Science, Econometrics or related field
- Significant experience with R and/or Python
- Some experience with SQL queries
- Skilled in a variety of statistical modeling and machine learning techniques
- Sports analytics experience preferred, but not required