Location: Washington, DC
Big League Advance started as an investment fund that provides minor league baseball players with the resources they need to help make their dream a reality. Players receive capital – not loans – and a player keeps the funds whether or not he ever makes it to the Major Leagues. For players who make it to the Major Leagues, we share in their success.
Our team of analysts are currently exploring new opportunities within the world of sports betting where we can utilize our analytic capabilities to make an impact. We are developing predictive models across all major sports and are looking for talented Data Scientists to add to our analytics team in our Washington, DC offices. If you think you have what it takes to beat the betting markets, apply below.
- Develop and deploy predictive models in one or more major sports
- Research new methods to develop and improve sophisticated predictive models, staying adept with the latest research and techniques in the field
- Analyze various sports data sets to identify statistically significant patterns and extract predictive features
- Collaborate with a team of data scientists and engineers
- A passion for sports
- Bachelors degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Computer Science, Econometrics or related field; PhD or Masters preferred, but not required
- Proficiency with R and/or Python
- Experience with SQL queries
- Skilled in a variety of statistical modeling and machine learning techniques
- Experience building models in a cloud-based ecosystem preferred, but not required
- Sports analytics experience preferred, but not required